Local Media is a Passion of Ours
The thrill of planning, negotiating, buying and seeing local marketing come to life never goes away. Local partnerships and spending stimulates the local economy and can be palpable to a community and business almost immediately. Experiencing those results first-hand is very gratifying.
We have worked in local market media since Beth got her start as a second media planning assignment: Verizon- a $45MM advertiser in the #1 DMA in the Country. We have also worked on local media for AT&T, JP Morgan Chase, M/I Homes, Premier Health Partners hospital group in Central Ohio, Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY and Value City Furniture’s 42 DMA’s.
We learned local marketing principles by interacting with all channel partners: TV, radio, newspaper, out of home, online/native, emerging as well as integrating sports sponsorships/teams and events into marketing plans. We have crafted such fun sponsorships as “Call to the Bullpen”, 1010 Wins Business tips, NY Cares editorial and Healthy Habits segments for clients. We think holistically about how a channel can elevate a marketing goal and apply creativity to differentiate our clients in the market.
We believe magic happens when we can develop a win-win: a media partner furthers their business goals at the same time a client earns value beyond the “buy/impression/GRP/dollar” and achieves valuable target engagement.
Founder & CEO
Welcome to GrayMatter Marketing, I’m Beth Gray, and delighted that you’ve found us! GMM is dedicated to driving business with focus on connecting strategic messaging with an integrated approach to channel investment.
I have over 25 years experience as a Marketing and Media Executive with client side experience, media department start-up and top tier client management. I’m capable of planning and executing campaigns that integrate traditional, digital and direct marketing disciplines to accomplish business goals. Clients appreciate that I can optimize the impact of an idea, a marketing budget and customer engagement.
I’ve been focused in retail high ticket and home categories working to streamline communications against the customer journey map and educating on the digital media ecosystem. My latest joy has been working as an adjunct Marketing professor at Ohio State University.
Media Buying Consultant
- Lynn has over 20+ years in Buying, Supervising and Media Management in a variety of markets and industries. She is a strategic negotiating partner that always looks for ways to deliver marketing solutions, not just media buying schedules. One major differentiator is Lynn’s buying philosophy; she builds strong relationships with media vendors & managers to access or create unique client opportunities.
- Her background includes handling Consumer, Financial, QSR & Non-Profit clients
- Lynn’s buying capabilities span Local, Regional and National geographies. She has experience in Multi-Media local buying across channels: Television, Radio, Pandora, Digital, Out-of-Home and Print
- Lynn’s background includes work at large agencies: Media That Works/Empower MediaMarketing and Foote, Cone & Belding-Chicago
- Refined marketing and media strategist with 10+ years of agency experience connecting customers with brands. Carissa has a passion for developing customer-centric marketing strategies that create meaningful connections between brands and their customers.
- Carissa grew up as a broadcast buyer and her unique background combines traditional media TV, radio, print, and outdoor with new/digital media (paid search, display, programmatic, mobile, and video). Recently she has developed a boutique social offering that combines strategy and content to drive engagement and return on reputation for several local clients.
- Local Media Accounts she has worked on include: Experience Columbus, Dublin CVB, Greater Columbus Arts Council, Donate Life Ohio, Travel Nevada, McDonald’s Franchise. Clients rave about her ability to leverage opportunities and find innovative cross-platform ideas and plans.
- Her years of experience understanding all media channels, managing national and local clients and driving test and learn/metric-based plans provides partners a truly omni-channel, accountable view of marketing solutions.
- Carissa has worked at Fahlgren Mortine and Starcom Worldwide.
8000 Walton Parkway, 2nd floor
New Albany, Ohio 43054
We Are Everywhere